Continuing The Celebration ForDerrell Moreuax Jr.
Sunrise: February 19, 1987 – Sunset: February 13, 2022
(Click the image to view the full program)
Born February 19, 1987, in Mamou, LA to the parents of Annette Guillory Moreaux and Derrell Moreaux, Sr. Derrell gave his life to Christ at an early age at the Israelite Baptist Church in Oakdale, LA under the leadership of Pastor Joshua Thomas.
Derrell was a 2005 graduate of Washington Marion High School, where he achieved the honor of being named ‘Mr. Washington Marion’; he graduated in the top ten of his high school class. Derrell was a 4-year letterman on the Washington Marion Charging Indians basketball team under the leadership of Mack Guillory.
Derrell loved basketball, he played AAU Basketball with the LA Stars for 4 years during the summer under the leadership of Dexter Washington. Derrell went on to play collegiate basketball where he received a full-ride scholarship to play basketball for the University of Mobile Rams. Derrell graduated from the University of Mobile with a bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
Derrell was employed at Transglobal Solutions as Operations Support.
(Derrell loved his family and enjoyed spending time with them. He was always willing to help and talk to anyone. He was the life of the party. He loved riding horses.)
- Sharay L. Duhon-Moreaux – wife
- Jayce T. Victorian (11 yrs) – son
- Denelle A. Moreaux (9 yrs) – daughter
- Sydney R. Moreaux (1 yr) – daughter
- Annette Moreaux – mother from Lake Charles, LA
- Derrell Moreaux, Sr. – father from Kinder, LA
- Hailey Semien (Marcus) – sister
- Calvin Scott Thomas (Sue) – brother
- Stephen Moreaux (Sash) – brother
- Dominique Washington – brother
- Brandon Popillion – brother
- Ethel M.S. Guillory – maternal grandmother
- Terrell Johnson – godmother
- Solomon Burke Guillory, Sr. – godfather
- Stormi King – godchild
- Kaydence Thomas –godchild
- J’Quan Jack – godchild
- Nova Freeman – godchild
He is also survived by a host of uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, cousins and many loved friends.
PRECEDED IN DEATH BY
- Gilbert Guillory, Jr – maternal grandfather
- Leo Moreaux – paternal grandfather
- Hazel Moreaux – paternal grandmother
- Terrell Duhon, Sr. – father-in-law